John P. Dumas
John P. Dumas, the Business Manager of Local 103 of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, represents more than 7,000 electrical and telecommunication members in the Greater Boston area.
|A 37 year member of Local 103, Dumas is a seasoned and experienced leader. Along with serving as 103’s president for the past 18 years, Dumas served the union in a number of leadership roles, including business agent, member of the union’s executive board and trustee of the health, ANNUITY, pension, LMCT and JATC funds. He also has served as a member of numerous contract negotiation teams, playing a pivotal role in several major contracts governing members’ benefits.
Throughout his career he has shown a keen interest in nurturing younger union officers in preparation for leadership roles in the future, and his leadership style has always been one of inclusion and accessibility to all members.
Today’s Featured Articles – The Economy
Today’s Featured Articles – Labor Issues
Today’s Featured Articles – Politics
- Mayor set to break mark on donations The Boston Globe | By Andrew Ryan December 19, 2014 Mayor Martin J. Walsh, maximizing his new power and influence in his first year in office, is poised to break the annual fund-raising record for an incumbent Boston mayor. Campaign finance records show Walsh has already raised more than $1.5 million, an ...
- The Boston Globe | By John Powers December 18, 2014 Boston’s quest for the 2024 Summer Olympics will be part of the city’s transformative vision for itself as it enters its fifth century, its bidders say. “Mayor Walsh never focuses on 2024,” Dan O’Connell, president of the Boston 2024 Partnership, said Wednesday. “He always focuses on 2030.” That ...
- The Boston Globe | By Casey Ross December 17, 2014 Mayor Martin J. Walsh’s promise of a more transparent Boston Redevelopment Authority is about to be put to the test. His administration is seeking state approval to extend 15 of the city’s 18 urban renewal districts for another decade, allowing the BRA to use eminent domain powers, tax ...
Today’s Featured Articles – Boston Construction Projects
- Boston Business Journal | By Catherine Carlock December 19, 2014 Boston Mayor Martin Walsh on Thursday said the city is offering $20 million through a competitive bid process to spur the creation of affordable housing. The city’s department of neighborhood development has put out two separate requests for proposals valued at $10 million apiece. The RFPs outline criteria ...
- The Boston Globe | By Jack Newsham December 19, 2014 The board of the Boston Redevelopment Authority moved a plan forward Thursday to build a new headquarters for Massachusetts Department of Transportation in Roxbury. The city-owned parcel south of Ruggles Station was tentatively designated to the transportation agency, which wants to build approximately 800,000 square feet of office space ...
Today’s Featured Articles – Massachusetts Construction Projects
- Planning Board members approved updated design changes to the Cushing Village development, Tuesday evening. Wicked Local Belmont | By Lindsey O’Donnell December 16, 2014 Planning Board members approved updated design changes to the Cushing Village development, Tuesday evening. The decision marks a stepping stone in rolling out the 186,000-square-foot, three-building development’s design, slated to be on Trapelo Road and ...
Today’s Featured Articles- Eastern MA Construction Projects
- The New York Times | By Diane Cardwell December 8, 2014 COPENHAGEN — On a busy road in the center of town here, a string of green lights embedded in the bike path — the “Green Wave” — flashes on, helping cyclists avoid red traffic lights. On a main artery into the city, truck drivers can see on ...
- The Boston Globe | By Diane Cardwell November 24, 2014 NEW YORK —For the solar and wind industries in the United States, it has been a long-held dream: to produce energy at a cost equal to conventional sources like coal and natural gas. That day appears to be dawning. The cost of providing electricity from wind and solar power ...