John P. Dumas
John P. Dumas, the Business Manager of Local 103 of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, represents more than 7,000 electrical and telecommunication members in the Greater Boston area.
|A 37 year member of Local 103, Dumas is a seasoned and experienced leader. Along with serving as 103’s president for the past 18 years, Dumas served the union in a number of leadership roles, including business agent, member of the union’s executive board and trustee of the health, ANNUITY, pension, LMCT and JATC funds. He also has served as a member of numerous contract negotiation teams, playing a pivotal role in several major contracts governing members’ benefits.
Throughout his career he has shown a keen interest in nurturing younger union officers in preparation for leadership roles in the future, and his leadership style has always been one of inclusion and accessibility to all members.
Today’s Featured Articles – The Economy
- The Boston Globe | By Evan Horowitz November 20, 2014 The state’s unemployment rate has been falling for months now, but each time there were caveats. Wages were flat, people were stuck in part-time work, too many workers were getting discouraged and giving up the search. Finally, though, there seems to be some real, unvarnished good news for ...
Today’s Featured Articles – Labor Issues
- The Boston Globe | By Jack Newsham NOVEMBER 17, 2014 Massachusetts labor policy was the star of the day during Monday’s visit to Boston by Secretary of Labor Thomas Perez. In a tour that included visits to Boston Beer Co. in Jamaica Plain and to City Hall, Perez took part in panel discussions on the state’s minimum wage ...
Today’s Featured Articles – Politics
- Clients, Safeguards Are Focus of Several U.S. Agencies The Wall Street Journal | By Kate O’Keefe, Rachel Louise Ensign, and Christopher M. Matthews November 20, 2014 Federal authorities are investigating whether casino operator Wynn Resorts Ltd. violated money-laundering laws, according to people familiar with the matter. Prosecutors from the Manhattan and Las Vegas U.S. Attorney’s offices and investigators from ...
- Boston Herald | By By Chris Cassidy November 12, 2014 The state Gaming Commission will review new bombshell allegations that federal authorities are investigating whether Wynn Resorts violated money-laundering laws, according to a commission spokeswoman. The Wall Street Journal, citing “people familiar with the matter,” reported yesterday that prosecutors from the Manhattan and Las Vegas U.S. Attorney’s offices ...
- Boston Business Journal | David Harris November 19, 2014 Gov. Deval Patrick said Wednesday that he appointed Robin Chase, the founder of Boston-based ride-sharing company Zipcar, to the Massachusetts Department of Transportation board of directors. Chase is founder and former CEO of Zipcar, which was acquired by Avis for $500 million last year. Chase also founded French car-sharing marketplace ...
Today’s Featured Articles – Boston Construction Projects
- The Boston Globe | By Nina Joy Godlewski November 20, 2014 TD Garden and team executives cut the ribbon Thursday on the next phase of their $70 million renovation of the 20-year-old arena, a $4.5 million upgrade of the ProShop. “It’s an exciting day for us today,” said Boston Bruins Principal Charlie Jacobs. “I couldn’t be more happy ...
- Curbed Boston | By Tom Acitelli November 20, 2014 The fight over redeveloping the old Sullivan Courthouse at 40 Thorndike Street in East Cambridge has been grinding since late 2012, when developer Leggat McCall won a state O.K. to convert the 22-story tower to office and retail space, including a health club and a small grocery store. Community ...
Today’s Featured Articles – Massachusetts Construction Projects
- The Boston Globe | By Jack Newsham November 18, 2014 First Wind, a rapidly growing Boston-based wind power company, has been purchased by the solar energy companies SunEdison, Inc. and TerraForm Power, Inc. for $2.4 billion. SunEdison, whose headquarters are in Maryland Heights, Mo., will pay $1.5 billion for First Wind’s projects in various stages of development, which ...
Today’s Featured Articles- Eastern MA Construction Projects