Fore River Bridge Replacement
- Replacement of bridge connecting Route 3A from Quincy to Weymouth
- Bridge will consist of two 12 foot eastbound and westbound lanes.
- 5 foot bicycle lane in both directions along with sidewalk
- Will carry 32,000 vehicles a day for at least 75 years
- Will improve horizontal clearance from current 175 feet to 250 feet, allowing better acces to Designated Port Area
- Will improve closed bridge’s clearance height to 60 feet, allowing most sailboats to pass under without requiring an opening which will relieve traffic.
Location: Quincy/Weymouth, MA
Project Value: $244,000,000.00
Contractor: J.F. White Contracting Inc.